Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Finished Pet Collage.

Making a Pet Collage isn't my favorite art form, I much prefer painting.  In fact, the beginning is a bit terrifying and then when you get going the "what-the-h-e-double-toothpicks-IS-this-thing" feeling sets in.  It looks like madness and you have to wonder if its even worth continuing on.  A miserable feeling, really.  But continue on, trust the process.  Work from background to foreground.  The magic happens when you get to the eyes.  Once said pet has eyes he comes to life and the whole process it totally worth it.  You find yourself falling in love--even if it wasn't even your pet!  This fine pooch is Holly, and I just know she was one fine companion, just the best.  (I could tell all this by creating her portrait:-)  So even though its not my favorite process to DO, its totally worthy and I highly recommend making them all the time.  Hey, whatever keeps us off the streets, right?
a Pet Collage by tereSager.

the Magic happens once you add the eyes.

Anthropologie Catalogs work beautifully for Pet Collages.
Apologies for the hideous glare, I snapped these last-minute "out back" in the Jeep before delivering them to Holly's parents.  Hey, at least I remembered to take a picture this time.  A lot of my art goes out into this world with me totally forgetting to document it with a little tiny picture and then I'm sad because its so quickly forgotten.  So as of right now I'm not going to let that happen anymore.
Portrait of "Holly" by tereSager.

No comments:

Post a Comment