Monday, January 23, 2017

Saint Teresa Says.


This is lettering practice.  It doesn't look half bad, and I'm not fishing for compliments here but it does not look how I want it to look.




Part of the problem is that I don't even know how I want it to look.  But now I know how I don't want it to look.
Maybe if I keep on keepin' on and work my way through every single wrong possibility in the universe, I'll get it.  I have to eventually.

I can do this.

And meanwhile, I'm not mad at this.  I don't even dislike it, I do like it.  Its a lovely little sentiment expressed.  I could make these all day and that's just what I'm going to do, I'm going to continue making these wrong versions until I eventually find what I'm looking for.  And until I find it, I'll have a bunch of quite suitable little watercolours to frame or to do whatever with.  They just won't be it.

Like I've said before, I learn by doing it wrong.  All wrong.  That's what those mermaids were all about.  I painted them and they're each lovely and unique and yah di yah di yah di but they're not it.

I'm striving for it and I'm going to keep going.  Its raining out, hard.  Its January. There's so much weirdness going on out in the world that I'm going to focus right here in front of me and get this right.  But first I'm going to venture out into the weirdness and the rain and give my ponies some more hay.  They'll be ecstatic and I'll be ready to focus afterwards, win win.

Art!...keep trying.




No comments:

Post a Comment