Thursday, November 5, 2015

Pink Trunk. Pink Sky.

Before, dark and dingy.  Now, not so.  I blasted it with some pink.  I may or may not do some more embellishing, but I'm living with it for a while to see if it really needs it.
This gypsy trunk holds very special items...Halloween costumes.  It gets busted into once a year, sometimes in a blind panic by the teens an hour before they need a costume.  It holds costumes for all.  Batman and FlapperGirl and Jester and capes in all colours.  A white velvet and fur number, some gold shiny skirts, tap shoes, a pirate hat, a tophat, a construction worker hat, a knight-in-shining-armor armor.  Purple long long gloves, a Hugh Hefner velvet smoking jacket, a flowerFace, a pink wig, a turquoise wig, black wigs and more wigs.  The list is truly endless, and it is great fun to open this bad boy up.


This was the before shot.  Well, its the before shot of the back.  I started painting the front before thinking to document the beautification process.




This trunk is old and well-worn.


And it holds a LOT of costumes.




After spending a good part of the morning painting the gypsy trunk I went to the studio to paint some more.  I can't share what I was working on but I can say that all the plants in the windows are loving them some Indian Summer.  Aren't we all?


This one was miniscule but has grown.  It has now reached the tiny stage.


Ok so then the day got even more exciting.  I met the ladies at the Winery for Drink 'n Draw and watched this sky over a glass of wine.





Sweet Dreams from Lodi party people.  xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment