Monday, February 22, 2016

Kefir Makes Top Ten List

I've posted about kefir before.  It was last summer when I got ahold of some kefir grains and started drinking it daily.  Let me just say, it made me feel wonderful-and I wasn't even feeling bad!  But as time goes on I just keep feeling wonderfuller and wonderfuller.  And wonderfuller!  No lie.  Its weird, I feel real good but I keep on feeling better.  And its because of this stuff.
It is what those fancy cleanses want to be but fail miserably at.


How to:  first step, pour your liquid and the grains into a strainer and mush it through with the spoon.  All you're left with are the grains in the strainer.  All the drinkable kefir is down in the pitcher.

Next you plop the grains back into the jar.  Now its time to feed them so you'll have more kefir tomorrow.  I use Snowville Milk but I've heard people use coconut milk too.  I might have to try that when I'm feeling crazy someday.


Here's my luscious creamy kefir.  I like it room temperature so I usually drink it then and there.  And I'm a purist, I don't add any foofoo fruits or cinnamon or anything.  Nope, just plain please.


Make sure you don't put a lid on your Mason jar or it will explode.  You heard me right.  Use a pretty vintage hankie instead.  And keep it right out on the counter where it looks pretty.  If you put it in the fridge it won't do its thing.

That actually saves you when life gets out of control.  If you can not do one more thing, no no, no way, just pop the kefir in the fridge and it will quietly wait for you to come back to it no harm no foul.


Stir your kefir real good before pouring.

And take time to look at the flowers while you sip away.




Kefir.  It is so on my top ten list and I'm not even kidding.  I never expected to start drinking this concoction and I didn't set out to try to feel better or anything like that.  But it is really somethin'.  I believe its one of those superfoods and I hope I'm right, because when I feel good I make art.

No comments:

Post a Comment