Monday, June 13, 2016

Bonnaroo At Home.


I did this watercolour at 6 a.m. while listening to Bonnaroo Live on the RedBull channel.  I watched Leon Bridges and then I watched it again later on because it was just that good.  I even turned Grandma onto it and she loved it.  Grandma loved it!  JAH turned me on to this channel.  Her quote, "I love Bonnaroo At Home, it reminds me of the Phish Couch Tour".

I, too, am a fan.  Bonnaroo At Home.  Waaaay more convenient than going there. And camping.  I have been living Bonnaroo all weekend long through my teens. They took off and went there and my house is so quiet. So sooo quiet.  All I can hear are the Cicadas, and even that's dwindling.

Every so often I get a SnapChat update.  They're positively fascinating, these SnapChats-from-teens.  The GlitterBeard my son was sporting was a super-special SnapChat which I shall always treasure, at least until it disappears in 10 seconds.  First thing this morning I watched Dead&Co SnapChats and they sounded INcredible!  I am very very happy that they went so I didn't have to.

All weekend long I did things like listen to the quiet, and I cleaned up their secret hidden messes, and I shopped at the HobbyLobby- all one word in my world.  I found these, Van Gogh tube watercolours in the clearance section.  Yay!  They're what I used to paint this masterpiece.  I don't know that they made me paint any better, but they are quite nice.

Now mind you, this "weekend" has lasted since last Tuesday morning at 6 a.m. (well it was 7:20 when they finally pulled out of the driveway).  What I'm saying is, its been a long  long weekend here for us adults.  I am so ready for all one hundred of my teens to come home.

No comments:

Post a Comment