Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Works In Progress.

Watercolour .  Soon, wax...






These are small watercolours on 5x7 panels.  I have an idea...I'm going to put encaustic medium over top.  The panels were prepped first with encaustic gesso, my new favorite thing.  Then came the watercolour.  Then came ink doodles and borders and words.

The plan is to put the clear medium on, then "texturize it" with charcoal or oil paint then another very thin coat then I get to "buff it with pantyhose in the morning."  Which, as we all know, makes me giddy with glee positively giddy. Yes, not a grammatically-correct sentence.  And again.

Here's the second one, why paint one when you can paint two?





I have appointments all afternoon so the wax won't happen until tomorrow.  I'm so excited to do this I almost can't wait.  What this really means is that I have to wax them tomorrow, put them in the coldest part of the beer fridge tomorrow night, then in two long days I can buff with pantyhose in the morning hallaluyah!

Meanwhile, this has been happening...

Look close, Willie and Thumper are up the tall tall tall walnut tree scampering along that branch like it's nothin'.  My baby is all growed up.

Remember when he was a baby and got stuck up there and we almost had to call the firemen but luckily he heard the crinkle of the Temptations bag and finally came down.  It was quite emotional.

Well, no more.


Another "Work In Progress", this kid.  She watched him closely.  She's at such an impressionable age, I hope she has more sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment