Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Sunshine Studio Musings.


This looked like sheer mud to me yesterday when I got through beating it with a stick for forty seven long hard hours.


But today I'm not mad at it.  It even made me happy to come into the studio and be greeted by it.  Ok then.


And this 2000 pound wonder of all wonders.  Isn't it lovely??!?  My beautiful teenager carried it up the stairs for me with all his muscles and all his extra energy.  Actually I shouldn't say all.  He used very few of his muscles and next to none of his extra energy.  All I know is its up here and its plugged in and it sews!
The sound it makes when it sews is the best sound in the world, it truly is.  I love that it is truly 2000 pounds plus of heavy turquoise steel.

I got it at the flea market from the sweetest couple.  She said "oh yes honey, you'll be able to figure it out".




Behind it on the window ledge is my new nursery.  The babies live in here now.

This guy is so pleased with himself that he's going to bloom.  See the white bloom at the bottom?  I'll keep you posted.

My mom and I both had to buy these white ones.  I hugged mine all the way to the checkout the year before last during the holidays.


And this.  This splendid beauty is taking refuge here in the Dreamery for a spell. It just doesn't get any better than this.  Look at the colour!  It will hypnotize you if you stare at it too long.


Ok so all my tops are too short.  Its making me cry.  I got some new leggings and I really want my tops to cover me up because ain't nobody needs to see that.  But, all my tops are too short.

So, I became a fashion designer last Saturday.  I had help from some experts.  We sewed all afternoon while the sun shined right in the windows.


That plaid is from a jumper I am embarrassed to admit is from 1982.  Gosh do you think its time to upcycle it yet or should I wait another million years?  Too late...done.


But even more important is this darling ironing board, also from the flea market.


Now you realize I'm doing that thing where I do every single thing that there is to do to avoid the canvas.  But, as they say, the best way out is always through so I'll keep on going...

This was happening in the late morning sunshine.

Then the kitten got brave.


such body language

her ears are hilariously flat

kerpow

We did this for quite a while until somebody fell back asleep.

Time to paint.  I've done everything else, its the only thing left.

No comments:

Post a Comment