Friday, February 10, 2017

Warm Wax and Entertaining Snow.



Warm wax in February, it just doesn't get any better than that.  It was pure bliss in the studio yesterday.  This piece is 12x12 encaustic on birch panel.

I wish my photos would do encaustic justice.  I was so happy with how it turned out but this photo doesn't show how pretty it looks in real life.  It looks etherial and snowy and dreamy.


Maybe these details will show you...??




I painted two pieces and this one is 12x12 birch panel as well.


Once again, the photo doesn't do it justice but maybe these will help...





Here's some photos of the beginning stages.  There's a lot of layers on these pieces and I'll admit, I forgot to take photos of each step.





There's a quote somewhere on the world wide web about how when you're painting there are a lot of people in the room with you.  And if you're really painting then one by one they walk out.  And if you're REALLY painting, you walk out.



Yesterday, I walked out of the room too.


I love it when that happens.  

I also love February's entertaining snow.  The kind that one minute you look out the window and there's a blizzard and the next minute the sun is shining and there's one lone flake swirling and swirling never quite making it to the ground and so you watch it to see if it ever does land and you watch and you watch until eventually you snap out of it.  Or not.

I love it when that happens too.  Yesterday I had both of these things going on and it was bliss.


You can't see how hard its snowing in this picture unless you zoom it in.  Oh, and look at the view, specifically the trees.  Do they look like my trees in these paintings?  I'm just now realizing that!  I did good:-)


Yes, these trees do indeed look just like the ones outside my windows.  And that snowflake looks exactly identical to one of the snowflakes from yesterday too! Incredible.



No comments:

Post a Comment