Monday, February 27, 2017

The Rare Morning Whipporwillow and Even More Deer.


She's carrying the forest on her back.  She's also on a tightrope, a recurring theme in my paintings lately.  Now I'm wondering why.  Its almost like analyzing your dream...what does this mean?  (Insert theme music from The Twilight Zone here.)


Her antlers are turning into trees.


She was painted at the beginning of this evening's solar eclipse.  (Continue on with the Twilight Zone music)


Doe a deer.  This was painted on a up-cycled canvas.  My sweet friend scored them at the weirdest store in Jackson for some crazy low price like fity cent each.



 Indeed we live in a time where most -or just some- of us are no longer able to actually say the words "fifty cents" they way we once did way back in earlier times.



On my way downstairs the light from the eclipsed-Sun had my back.
The Twilight Zone music in your head should be very loud at this point.



Hi!


Ok enought with the background music.  We're moving on to much more important matters.  My dad, at certain times, makes up funny bird names.  He will look at you very seriously and say "see that bird?  That's a _______."  I'm wondering if this is hereditary because I so want to play this twisted game too.  I think he likes tricking people, and the more outrageous the name the better it makes him feel that he pulled one over on some poor sap.  Hey, is that a bird name???  (Somepor Sap)!!  I might be doing it!



From here on out this might be my new mission in life, whacky bird names.  I will be sure to post more on this phenomenon.  But first I now have to call my father and ask him what that one bird was ?  I started a list once.  Hummmm. I need that list so I can paint all his imaginary birds.

This Morning Whipporwillow is a practice bird.  It started off as something entirely different than a bird but then it became the rare Morning Whipporwillow because it was a total fail at that other thing it was supposed to be and it was a semi-successful Morning Whipporwillow.  Semi-successful.

I'll keep practicing this unusual artform.

No comments:

Post a Comment