Friday, June 2, 2017

Encaustic Snippets, Handpainted Bamboo, and Adventure Kittens.

Life has been so incredibly busy lately.  Is it just that time of year, springtime?

It seems like its always this way, every spring.


And its not just me, everybody's busy.


So this is all I could manage today in the studio.  I made an encaustic portrait but I can't show it to you yet.  These were areas I liked.


And these.  These are bamboo "beads".  They're about the size of a domino.  I found them at Pat Catan's on clearance for fitycent, so I now own a ton of them.


This is not the finished vision, rather a first step...



Meanwhile,


the babies are growing.  They're not infants anymore.


They're 5 1/2 weeks old, old enough to begin learning about the real world.  So today they went with me on an errand.  It was their first Adventure Kitten training and they were real troopers.


As soon as they got back home they were little babies once again.  Thirsty little babies.


I went in the house and watercoloured a background for my June daily spread. This is the June palette.  It felt nice to sit and play with paints in the cool house...


and think about the day and the Adventurers and their little cute faces just looking, looking at the big world out there and trying to figure it all out.  I suppose this watercolour is helping me figure it all out in some way.  Just putting the paint on the paper, that simple act, that's whats important.

Oh, and Adventure Training.  That's important too.

Now, a poem, written first thing this morning after being assaulted by orange while rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.


                                 The Sea Will Rise
                                   by tereSager
The Sea will rise
against the lies
of mankind's whim
to have and hold.

So our big cheese
can eat and fly
and lie and tweet
before goodbye.

It is the mission
of his mind
to rule and be the one we see
upon waking-
first thing-
because of his important importance.
"Only I".  I am the one
to save us all from doom?
All the while
being
very very very
important.



No comments:

Post a Comment