Friday, August 21, 2015

A Change Is In The Air.

This is a small piece, maybe 7x8ish.  Its encaustic on a wood panel.  I like incorporating text in my paintings, I just like how it looks.  I've been rereading The Secret and maybe that's where this came from in my mind.
Whenever somebody mentions The Secret around here, then everybody gets on this bandwagon where if anybody happens to speak of something even remotely positive, inevitably somebody (sarcastically)  yells "secret"!  To get the full effect you've got to yell it in the same way people yell "oprah", and this is difficult to describe.  If you know what I'm even talking about, if you get it, well, sorry, because it becomes a habit and you'll find yourself yelling "secret!" a lot to the tune of "oprah!".   In this household it gets ridiculous because virtually everything can be traced back to the Secret in a Kevin Bacon sort of way.
Anyway, all this must have been going through my head when I painted this piece.
encaustic painting by tereSager
Pantyhose buffing:
detail

detail


encaustic painting by tereSager


I saw this when I went out to feed the ponies this evening and it was too pretty not to take some pictures of.  This house was recently abandoned, but the lady's flowers still bloomed.  They've been gorgeous this summer.



Downtown, lazy sky.


Then later on there was a small campfire.  The air is crisp this evening.



If you have pets you've noticed these...

Its like they're dancing in the late summer sun.


Just looking for manes and tails and furry friends to latch onto.





Spiral brings me these in his long blond tail.  Special presents.


These are everywhere too.  Queen Anne's Lace, all over the place.  Its nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment