Sunday, August 2, 2015

Book Cover Paintings.


My tunnel fascinated me Friday.  Yes, I'm easily fascinated.  I just liked the way the light was hitting in the hole.

Later the July Blue Moon rose over the General Store right downtown.  Things were really happening then yes sir-ree Bob.   If you squint your eyes really really hard you can see the moon up and to the right of the red pop machine.  See it, its there.
Yes, things were going on everywhere downtown.  That window got washed.  Friday night action under the moon, yeehah........obviously I needed to make my own action:
Painting on bookcovers was my action of choice.  I love painting on bookcovers.  I love the distress of the edges.  I love the different textures.  The size is often good too.  I really love that they're more-often-than-not free, or next-to-nothing.  Does this make me a cheapskate?
This was a Little Golden Book and that takes me right back in time and I get that warm cozy feeling like everything's going to be all right.

No comments:

Post a Comment