Sunday, August 2, 2015

Tapping Into The Flow For A Brief MicroMinute.


watercolour by tereSager
This is no masterpiece, however, I am thrilled that it is loose.  Waaay looser than I've been able to let lately.  Yes, thrilled with the looseness.  I tapped into the looseness and went with it and it felt great.  I felt it when it hit, like a fun shockwave.  That's how artmaking works for me.  I'll be painting along minding my own business and then whammy, something takes, and I'll tap into the flow and boy is it ever nice.  Does anybody know where the switch is?  If you do, could you please tell me immediately so I can flip it every single second of every single minute of every single day.
In progress.
In progress.
In progress. 
This is what started it all.


After a hard evening of pure bliss in the studio, I went out to find my ponies and give them an oat.  If you squint extra hard, you can see two horses looking at me asking, "does she have an oat"?  I swear they're there.
"Yes, I believe she DOES have an oat"...
"I'm in."
Now they're both positively excited about the prospect of that oat.
Feedin' time, yay!


I took an online class last summer, SketchBook Skool.  It. Was. Fabulous.  I sketched Spiral, the big yellow guy in the front.  He is quite a looker.  He has a lot of spunk though, and has trouble standing in the exact same pose for any length of time.  Yes, sketching Spiral is tricky.

No comments:

Post a Comment