Friday, August 7, 2015

The Plant Shelf on a Summer Day.

They all looked so happy so I took some pictures to share...
I actually bought this square pot. I bought it tuesday at the Goodwill Store for 50cents.  It may have even been 25 cents.
It made me happy.  Fifty cents worth of happiness. 
And, I also got this cabbage mug along with it.  I guess you could say I went on an actual shopping spree.
No new pot for this guy but he's just fine with that.
Same here.
I love it so much I can't stop taking its picture.
  So...after doing that thing you do to avoid the canvas for a good part of the day I finally went into the studio.  You know, that thing you do where you find yourself crossing things off your to-do list that have been on it for months just to avoid the canvas.  I have actually found myself doing things like cleaning the grout on my farmhouse tile table to avoid the canvas.  Things like cleaning under the bathroom sink.  Who even does that??!?  But not today, today I  procrastinated by photographing the plant shelf on the front porch and it didn't take long, so I got some painting done.  I played with wax for hours and it.was.splendid. 
Which means, tomorrow morning I get to get up, pour my coffee, and take the encaustic's out of the beer fridge and buff them with pantyhose, yay!  It is so insane that the mere thought of doing this makes me want to jump into bed like a child on Christmas Eve and hurry up and fall asleep so it'll be morning soon. 

This little guy had to go live in the oat scoop because he kept bending over.  I have a side porch and a back porch, both full of plants, so there's plenty of procrastinating opportunities for me tomorrow.  Why is it so difficult to start?  Making art is such a joy, what's with that???

No comments:

Post a Comment