Friday, July 8, 2016

Owls, Jellyfish, and Kittens.

Remember him, the Owl with the Car Keys?  He made a cameo in my life today so I took some quick pictures to share.


I've always had a soft spot for him.


truth.


I used vintage magazine ads to collage the surface and extended it around the edges.



Its 12x12 Birch.  I put a sawtooth on it, but I realized I don't love them so I wired it up as well.



This painting (below) is on one of those cheap-*#! canvases, 18x24.  I'm making a promise to myself to use better surfaces, no offense to the cheap-*#! canvas makers, I've just outgrown them.  Even using book covers( like I love to do) has way more personality.

Not everybody appreciates the "look" of a painting on a distressed vintage book cover. Not everyone gets it.  I think I felt peer pressure to paint a proper picture on a proper canvas, something I obviously need to get over.

 I used acrylics, collage ephemera, oil pastels, spray paints, confetti stars, and some Tim Holtz Distress Crackle.
Its all about his eyes.


We made JellyFish in the Lodi Art Love class Wednesday evening, and two of the children actually displayed theirs on the bulletin board.  The rest took them right home to dangle in front of their fans, which have all been blazing this week.

JellyFish Masterpiece.  The secret ingredient is the coffee filter for a body. Decorate it up any way you choose, tape some streamers and a "handle", and voila', a JellyFish.  This one needs a joojsh.
This was the simplest little craft project in the universe, and those kids loved it. They were so relaxed and creative and laughing and decorating.  It was a real nice, low-pressure evening.  Sometimes, simple is best.

Meanwhile, over in the nursery things are progressing nicely.


FurMomi is not friendly as you can tell by her expression.  She does, however, let me pick up the kittens and play with them.  She's used to me.






There are 3 kittens nursing in this picture.  Look real close at the kitten in the middle-he's doing the Splits!


See, perfect Splits.

No comments:

Post a Comment