Friday, November 11, 2016

Nineteen Santas Before Sunrise.

The sun come up out my window while I painted Santa ornaments this morning.  Earrrrrly.  I had 19 well underway by the time it showed its pretty little orange rays over the hayfield.

I'm trying to give each one a personality, a unique character.


I couldn't get in the studio to put the wax over them.  Today was delivery day for art, so it involved a bit of driving and dropping off and then some shopping and hibachi grill.  My husband will take me anywhere if hibachi grill is involved.

I was rather falling in love with some of these guys at this stage:


Early stages, for anyone interested in the how-to's:



It must be Christmastime because the Christmas Cactus says so.

See.


It Takes A Pill
         by tereSager

Today the past walked by me.
It wanted me to see
how well how good how wonderful
that it appeared to be.

The cold black wind around it blew
and at first sight the lie I knew
that the show that was pretended
in its mind it never ended.
Down to blackness in the crash
a deep dark hole, a lightning flash
it let me see for one brief dot
with clarity, its life is not
what is portrayed upon the web
or anything like what is said.
Instead that sleep does not come still
unless each night it takes
a pill.

No comments:

Post a Comment