Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Watercolor Quilt Blocks and Vegas Showgirl Feathers.




Every other year a wonderful quilt show comes to town.  Its at the Dairy Barn and its called Quilt National.  The quilts are fantastic.

So, I'm getting in the mood.  I'm painting watercolour quilt block patterns.  I've been working on them while meditating with Oprah and Deepak, my pals.



We're setting up for a little quilt show of our own at Starbrick Gallery.  Its called "Mini Quilts.  Many Mediums." and so far has interpretations of quilts in ceramic, paper, watercolor, and fabrics.
Once its all set up I'll post pictures...probably next week.




This guy was on the door that the Hot Lunch Ladies use to get in the cafeteria. I had to take his picture because of those plumes.  Just look at them. Aren't they perfect?  They're like perfect feathers better than a Vegas Showgirl wears.




And these, I thought this was a Christmas Cactus.


Same with this one.  But they're blooming in April.  Hey, didn't they do that last year too?  I bet if I look back through this here handy blog I'll find the answer to that puzzle.
Maybe they make Christmas Cactus now for every holiday!  Wouldn't THAT be something?


No comments:

Post a Comment