Sunday, March 20, 2016

Easter Decorations: Progress Report

I bought all these paper mache' Easter items last year right after Easter for mere pennies.  This is a basket, unfinished, but I wanted to share the process...




Its a Twinkle Bunny basket
Today I'm going to paint the inside with Lumiere iridescent paint.  Yum.


Ok so this is a canvas pouch I'm working on.  For those of you with the wonderful magical iPhone Six, the large one, well, you know its tricky to always have it on you.  I set mine on Command Central whenever I'm in the house and sometimes miss hundreds of calls.  I like having it on me, but my pockets aren't always big enough and Dr. Oz says not to stash it in your bra.  (I tried, it wants to fall out.)  One day in the Hobby Lobby I found these plain canvas bags for decorating on.  Its very flat and plain and its goes on cross-body and just sits right up next to you perfect as can be.  Is this the answer?  Its not my purse.  Its my Fancy's purse.  His own personal purse to ride in alongside me, his true love. I should have bought a thousand of them, but instead I grabbed one, not realizing what a perfect solution it would turn out to be.  I need to paint them in every color to match every outfit.
You can bet next time I'm at the Hobby Lobby I'm buying them all.  I promise to take a picture of where its located in the store, and of the packaging, I'll get you the scoop.
This particular one (alas, the only one), is my "I Do What I Want" bag.  Because, hey, in my dream life I do do what I want.  Yes, I know, I said it.  Do do.  Only because I WANTED to though.

This is the back before.  Before I wrote the poem.  Ode To My Beloved.  Yes, my iPhone 6 Huge is my beloved.  I'll come clean and just admit it.  Might as well.  So I wrote a poem about it, about our love affair.  Its currently drying over in the studio but the poem I wrote and painted on it talks about how I love him so, I'll take him everywhere I go.  Over hill and over dale and then we'll go to the mall sale.  On and on, its insane and I know this.  Picture of completed purse coming...


This, darlings, is my new favorite product.  These fake plastic-like eggs come in a carton at the GitMo for a buck ninety eight.  Its like they're plastic but they have a paper mache' feel to them.  And they have a rough texture so they take paint so nicely.  I can't stop buying them and I can't stop painting them.  Once again, its keeping me off the streets.  *GitMo is code for WalMart incase you didn't already know this.


This is the beginning stage of a paper mache' egg box.


More of the eggs, in progress...









This little guy is a paper mache' bunny from JoAnn Fabric.  I got 3 of them for next-to-nothing right after Easter last year.  They've been sitting in the art room waiting patiently all year long.

This is their time to shine.  Lets see what becomes of them.  I snapped these pictures of the first layer of paint and they were drippppppppy.



Don't forget to gesso them first.  Very important.


I squeezed in a couple of watercolours on those ledger pages.  Springlike.



And this, well, this needs to be sketched.  I ran out of time making all those eggs.  Its the chard for my Spring Green Soup.  I had it all laid out like soldiers when I realized they look exactly like Morels.  Or trees too.  Cool.


Art time ended once I realized Jorma was playing right down the road.  How fabulous.  Even more fabulous is that I scored tickets, which is miraculous.  Like an Easter Miracle kinda sorta?

Jorma, doing his thing.



Jack playing a gorgeous bass guitar.  It had abalone inlay?  That's what it looked like to me.  So fancy.

This was underneath the paper mache' bunnies.  Another Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment