Tuesday, March 8, 2016

How To Be Happy




Watercolour is tricky.  So tricky.  It is so tricky.  I could paint a watercolour every single day of my life and still be learning when I turn 100.  That's how tricky it is. This makes it precious when you get one you even remotely like.

There's good things and bad things about this one. I do like the guy's delight. I like how loose his face is.  That's the best part for me.  That's the part that makes this little painting worthy in my mind.   I like the odd little forest on top of his head.  I don't love the background, and that rabbit is way too uptight, not awful, (he's entertaining),  just too tight.

Here's a glimpse into the process...




I have a stack of these now.  I'm obsessed lately.  It is wonderful.  And for as much as I'm working at it, I am just beginning to discover how I want things to look.  Figuring out what I want is sometimes Rocket Science.

No comments:

Post a Comment