Sunday, May 15, 2016

Monsters, Squatters, and Low Carb Crust.

A quick little watercolour this morning.  Its in an uncooperative journal.



This is the journal.  I got it from Anthro a long time ago.  Its a mixed-media collaged cover and its super cute.  But.  It doesn't lay flat.  And the pages are thin, not great for watercolour.  I'm going to watercolour in it anyway and show it who's boss.


This is the cover.  Cute, right?


The palette is holding it open while her forehead dries.


Yeah, I couldn't resist it even though it has that drawback.



On another note, these.


Seventeen-Year Periodical Cicadas.  They're everywhere.


This is the rare albino cicada.  According to some children, they're very rare and worth money.


They are on every blade of grass, crawling up from deep deep inside the Earth. They have a fascinating life cycle.  And a short life cycle, thankfully.


They're so gross and ugly and creepy crawley and monsteresque that I can't even take it.   And this is only day 2 or 3 of this infestation.  I do have a plan.  It involves Audrey Hepburn scarves on my head AND a clear dry-cleaner bag. You know, the kind that is illegal to put over your head.  I was told by a reputable citizen that anything goes during Cicada season.


According to an article in the local newspaper, a scream is not required if one lands on you.  I, however, beg to differ.


I mean could they be any grosser?  Sorry, but its true.







All these lovely Cicada photos were taken by Lucy Williams.  She was really into watching them yesterday and took a lot of great Cicada action shots!





I had to stay inside and hide from those Monsters.  The kitchen was bright and cheerful and wonderful and Cicada-free.  I decided to "do a Pin".  You know that when you do a Pin that loud applause comes out of the sky, right?

My Pin-of-choice was the cauliflower crust pizza.  There's a lot of pins on this subject and I really really really wanted it to be good.


It looks good.


Let me just say that all my dreams came true with this low-carb crust idea. It was a huge success.  Loved it and will make again.  Yay!


Squatters now live in our yard.  They're so stinkin' cute that I don't mind a bit. Not one bit.

I hope they eat Cicadas!




The May sky.  All of a sudden it looked like this.


Wonderful and windy.  Another lovely May day.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment