Friday, May 27, 2016

Quote Pages and Flea Market Fabulosity.


This is one of those hard children's books, or should I say it was one of those hard children's books.  Its still a hard book, only now its all mine.  You can get these at the dollar stores in all shapes and sizes. Sometimes they have fancy cut-outs on the pages, or are the shape of a bunny or a piece of fruit or a person. The pages are slick and need a little sanding to rough them up before having at it.

Chinese Proverb

This page has imaginary roses and a Don Draper quote.
"I have a life and it only goes in one direction, forward."

This is a previously blogged page with feel-good stickers.
Talk is cheap.


I am embarrassed to admit it, but I watch Southern Charm.  And, I love Southern Charm.  Love it.  Yes, this is what it has come to.
On a recent episode, Shep, yes that's his name, Shep said this quote: "Just take the high road, its so easy."  Shep is correct and I now love Shep more than words can say.

"Just take the high road, its so easy."  Shep


These pages may or may not be finished.
Eventually, everything connects.


Was it Doc Holiday played by Val Kilmer who said this, and quite well I might add...?
"You'll be a daisy if you do."  Val Kilmer in that western with Kurt Russel.



Tootie-Fruity Sunflowers.
Note to self.



I hoard this tissue paper.  I live for that paper.  It. Is. Everything.
This corner up here is the
tissue paper of which I
speak.


I did not SEE this painting until I photographed it and put it here on this blog. And now I can see quite plainly that it is a Appaloosa pony-goat on a high wire.


See.  High wire.


Pony face.


Appaloosa spots and dots.



I'm not sure I understand this painting.  It needs a sit'n stare.  I mean, wha?





Which leads me to this.  This painting, its a hot mess.  I admitted I love Shep on Southern Charm, and I admitted that I even watch Southern Charm.  So I might as well show you my failures.  Here you go, feast your eyes.


This is the hard book with the above quote-spreads.  Its handy that you can set it upright open to dry.


This little baby is from the flea market last weekend.  I love it so much I might sleep with it.


A bit worn, but I will try using them...


And while we're on the subject of the flea market, I got this purse for five dollars. Five dollars.  It is brand new, never used.
Purses are funny things.  They're so important.  And they must be right.  Most women have exact specifications for their purses.  I sure do.  Let me just say that if I could conjure up a Dream Purse with a magic wand that this would be it. Did I mention that it was five bucks?



I have to consult my Fashion Consultant to see if I am allowed to do this to all my clothes:


The flea market I was at was the ExtraVaGanza at the Clark County Fairgrounds in Springfield Ohio.  It goes through the summer with ExtraVaGanzas in May and September.


Remember waay back at the beginning of this blog when I painted my Christmas tree pink?  This made me want to get out the pink spray paint again.


This journal was so so sweet I just wanted to cry.  It had linen pages and carefully placed ephemera.


Look at those scalloped edges.  And that vintage patina.  Its the real mccoy.


These were too cute not to take a picture of.



These cross-sections had some sort of sealant on the bark that made it iridescent. It looked lovely.  I wonder what it could have been.  The guy was nowhere to be found (to ask).  It almost looks like encaustic.


Everybody needs one of these.

Am I not right?

1 comment:

  1. Tere, loving your blog and all your photos and paintings. I do need the tin?donkey/moose. So fun

    ReplyDelete