Saturday, September 10, 2016

Flumadiddle and Trumpery.


Owl practice.  Each one has his own personality.  I am still learning that the subtle shift of a line will drastically alter the personality.



Eyeball practice.  With owls, its all in the eyes.  I have a ways to go with this but the practice has been thoroughly enjoyable.  I could paint these guys all day long 'til the cows come home-or in my case, the ponies.

det...




Next please.


I tried to stay loose with this guy.  Staying loose is tricky, as you can see by this attempt.


More eyeball practice.


Stay loose.  Sometimes it gets away from me.




This one is personable with his little tilt.




There's a certain freedom that comes with writing this blog.  See, nobody reads this.  Nobody.  So I can say anything, what does it matter?  Ok, so my MOM tunes in every so often, along with a few loyal friends-but only because I badger them "have you seen my blog?, I put it on my blog."  They roll their eyes and once they're at work they check out my latest masterpieces, my magic kitten, my ponies, my kefir, my little life.

I don't promote this blog in any way, mostly because I am a dinosaur and I blunder around on this ancient laptop-the first MacBook ever made- until its a post and I'm barely able to do that, let alone promote it.  I've got a kitten climbing around on the keyboard, how am I supposed to promote something when that's going on?  So for now its just me, mom, a few others and maybe one person out there in this vast cyber universe that I don't know.  Hi.

This means I'm free to use my two new words-of-the-day (trumpery and flumadiddle) without being laughed at by hundreds.  I think they both mean sort of the same thing, trumpery is nonsense/useless knick-knacks and flumadiddle is utter nonsense.  I find the one word quite timely and am going to try to use it every single day through Tuesday, November 8th.

Are these even real words or is this a trick?  I mean, I got them on Pinterest so they must be real, right?   And speaking of tricks, here's the very first trick or treat house in America 2016!


Just look at all that flumadiddle.


The trumpery is everywhere.


Isn't it just fabulous??!?  And the tropical Santa that dangles in from the rear-view mirror in JBS's car makes it even more magical.  A beautiful marriage of trumperys.  Yeah, I know, not grammatically correct, but I like it.
So I suppose its official.  Let the holidays begin.



No comments:

Post a Comment