Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Step Right Up Spectator.


This Encaustic painting is 10x10 on a wood panel.  Tomorrow morning I'll be buffing with pantyhose and I'm so excited about it that I'm going to rush off to bed right this very minute so morning comes even sooner.

I tipped it so that the light shows the luscious depth in the wax.


More luscious depth...

dets.  I had some fun with wild colour this afternoon.




Meanwhile, this was happening.

I bought this picnic basket at the Thrift Store for fity cent.  It was marked a dollar but it was half-price day.  It WAS in perfect condition when I bought it but I carry that thing with me over to the Art Room every single day and I've kind of beat it up.

Usually Willie stays home, but today he yearned to travel.


Go fast through these following photos, because if you don't you'll go nuts trying to spot what's different in each one.  They are all the collage placement decisions and painting steps.  It was hot and the summer allergens were coming in through the windows and I got delirious.
And they go backwards.  The first steps are at the bottom and this last photo is one of the last steps.  My bad.










I painted the most hideous watercolour at 5 am this morning and this little section is all I'm sharing.  Simply hideous.

While I was painting my epic disaster, the kitten watched some guys from Finland who knit.  In this video they were making their journals.  She's so into them, completely riveted to the screen.  She watched the entire 9-minute tour of their garden by the lake in Finland and then went on to this journal-making bonanza, then watched them construct windchimes out of junk.  She'll probably be crafting tonight while we're all asleep.

Goodnight party people, tomorrow we buff.

No comments:

Post a Comment