Monday, September 26, 2016

Getting The Owls Out Of My System.

 Once again I made the 5 a.m. painting on that crazy luscious smooth sensuous wonderful mineral paper, my new 5 a.m. lover. Yes, we are in. love. and getting married straightaway.  (not the owl, the paper!!--as if I would ever marry an owl)



The beginning stages:


I must be working the owls out of my system.  Its taking a while too, but I don't mind, they're so therapeutic.  Especially at 5 a.m.  I must be delirious and unable to think of a different bird, or even a different thing at 5 a.m. before the coffee kicks in.

Meanwhile, yesterday was a positively glorious day, warm in the sun but long sleeves were fine.  Well actually it did get hot in the middle of the day for a New York minute.  The sunshine was everywhere, making everything glisten.  My plants were basking on the window ledges.


This one blooming away...


Absorbing the light...


This guy has flat-out gone crazy lately and quadrupled in size.


This Christmas Cactus is either the white one or the pink one but I can't remember which one.  Only time will tell.  All I have to do is blink and it will be Christmas and I'll know.


And this sweet baby was a studio gift from JAH.  My humongous aloe vera kicked the bucket in the Polar Vortex 2015, froze plum to death.  I've really missed having a aloe plant and now I do.  I'm going to take much better care of this one.
So far so good, its been 3 whole days and he's still happy.  And so am I.

No comments:

Post a Comment