Friday, October 7, 2016

A Happy Workplace.

A good friend gave me this metal sign and it greets me right as I walk into the studio.
Its a bit embarrassing that Lucy and Ethel make me laugh every time.  Every single time.  This little metal sign practically guarantees a smile upon entering the studio.  Hey, whatever works.

These light switch covers need to go on the list immediately.  Gosh, I'd be positively giddy if they had a cute paint job...



In the studio:  here's some snippets of a painting I'm currently working on.  Its large and I've almost completely obliterated it at least a thousand times in my mind.  But instead, today, I worked on it with actual paint and actual paint brushes.  Then I got real involved and started fingerpainting and that's when the time and silence got me and it was bliss.

Playing with paint led to covering up areas I didn't love, making it pretty, emphasizing areas I liked, adding some mystery and some cohesiveness and some details.


Its such a large piece and I'm discovering that can be tricky.


So I just kept on playing with paints.  I think I can I think I can I think I can.



  I put it, dripping and wet, right in the middle of the studio floor where the late-afternoon fall sun could shine directly on it and then- once it got dark- the moon and the stars could take over and work their magic through the big big windows all night long.
Back in college I used to do the same thing but in a different way, I would put the textbook under my pillow the night before the exam so that all the knowledge could seep into my mind.

Productive day, check.


This was going on when I got home.  Eevee can't stop touching Thumper, she adores him.  Poor Thumper, a guy can't even get a nap in this place.

The anticipation of going back into the studio to play with that big painting some more is a good feeling.  I had been been trying to ignore it but it kept stabbing me in the side with a butter knife.  It felt good to have at it.  Like I said, its big (which translates into "you'd better love it because there's a lot of acreage").  I've been feeling that pressure.
The only answer to this madness is to transform it until I love every single square inch of it.  That is the only way.
Which means, I need to keep my head on straight.  Which means, I need to play with the kitten.  A lot.

Hey, whatever works.



No comments:

Post a Comment