Monday, March 2, 2015

the Daily Square.

For several years now, I've been keeping a Journal of My Days, a 2-page spread with rough squares.  I write a few sentences to remind me of what was important about that day.  Sometimes I get lazy or busy or stupid and it all goes to pot-or so I think.  But when I go back to review later, it is always Priceless.  Sometimes too many days will go by where it will slip by me and I'll have to think.  "What happened that day???"  Its always best if I write in it when its fresh in my mind.  And it only has to make sense to me.  Rereading it takes me right back in time.  I can relive it, and its sort of precious.  And it gets more precious as time goes by, as I'm finding out since I started January 1, 2012.  Not all that long, but if its this precious to me now, imagine how I'll feel rereading it when I'm 100 years old!
opening page.  And the Sun Comes Up Again

Appropriate for the beginning page, a SunRise Sun.

Serene Sun journal page, by tereSager.
This is the Feb 2015 spread.  I  can't even believe I'm actually sharing this, but to be honest, its mostly all about the weather.  I promise I'm not always that boring and I do have a life.  But somehow with all the cold weather griping, I felt this page spread didn't bare my soul to the entire world.  It talks about super important things too, like my Lifeguarding Teenager who saved a little girl this month at the aquatic center.  My Hero!  His girlfriend asked him if he got a plaque and he says, no, I got an 'incident report'.  Still, I'm sure the entire incident happened in sloMo and was very heroic with the Theme from Rocky playing in the background.  Sorry, you might not even be able to see that part on the page and I should have given it much more space.  That's the thing, I reread and have to look for the gems and when I find one its such a reward.  Imagine rereading that when I'm a hundred and have forgotten everything.
tereSager's Feb 2015 Journal of Daily Squares.

Close Up of tereSager's Feb 2015 pages.
This is the cover of the Journal I use.  It was from the sale room at Anthropologie.  My favorite place on Planet Earth btw.
My point is, I've been doing this now for going-on 4 years and I'm beginning to see how much it means to me.  I want to inspire YOU, dear Reader, to do this too.  Its so worthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment