Friday, May 1, 2015

The Kitten Was Stuck In The Tree.

Willie Boots Blues Cat got stuck in the walnut tree.  I think the big mean stray cat chased him up there while I was at the bar.  Now, I was at the bar doing WORK people.  I was at the Drink 'N Draw.  And I was very busy trying to create something with watercolours.  Very busy. 
Watercolour by tereSager.
I was so stressed out when he didn't come home ALL NIGHT that by the next morning all I could do was paint flowers.  Now I'm a farmgirl.  I KNOW cats stay out all night long all the time and live to tell about it.  But not Willie.  He's my baby.  I knew that mean stray cat scared him off somewhere.  I kept going out on the back porch (our rendezvous  spot) and calling him.  Finally, at 11 a.m. the next morning I heard the tiniest meow of them all ever.  There he was, so high up in that tree.
detail, watercolour by tereSager.
The stress made my imagination run wild.
detail, watercolour by tereSager.
Can you see him?  Seriously, he was, like, 35 feet up there.  I was all prepared to try to coax the Volunteer Firemen to come.   At one point my teenager was up our tallest ladder (which by-the-way did NOT reach), at the top of that ladder, with his sweat pants trying to fall down, holding over his head the recycling bin and saying "jump Willie, jump".  If I hadn't incubated this child inside my body for 13 long hard months and given birth to all 9 pounds 14 ounces of him I would have laughed.  But I was invested and I did not want him to damage his fine self, so instead of documenting it with Fancy Phone I yelled at him to get down now! 
Willie Boots Blues Cat  waaay too high.
I, at one point during the drama, did manage to google "How to get a cat out of a tree".  Step 8 was give the cat a big hug, which we all did.  The kitten managed to come down by himself, with a little help from crinkling loudly the little bag of Temptations.  My dad always told me they come down eventually.  "How often do you see a dead cat in a tree"? I believe was his exact quote.
watercolour by tereSager.
The entire ordeal helped to create some weirdly imaginative flowers though.
detail, watercolour by tereSager.
At the height of the drama, the watercolours got thoroughly out of control.
At one point I didn't even make flowers.  It turned out lemons.
Lemons.  Watercolour by tereSager.
I've had a lot of inspiration this spring.  Its all happening.
Peony,  in April!
The peonies are blooming already.  Is this super early for them?  Perhaps these are special peonies.
Ready to bloom.
They're everywhere.
Tulips.

Prom do's too.
Lucy's hairdo perfection.

Daffodils in my yard. 
I must say, this is one of the best.  (It was at the bar)
Flower at the bar.

Purple Flowers sprouting in the cracks.

No comments:

Post a Comment