Monday, October 19, 2015

Christmas Shopping Continues.


The Sun's burning off the fog, its time to go shopping.

And its a beautiful day for it.  Jbs and I actually spent the entire weekend (him!) driving me around to stores.  All kinds of stores.  It was the perfect date weekend.  I bought stuff, he hauled it back to the car for me.  It worked out wonderfully.
And driving from store to store was quality entertainment, everything's so pretty right now.


This guy here beckoned us right on in the junk store.  I didn't find the specific junk I was looking for, but they sure had some good good junk.

And just seeing him makes you happy.

A sure sign of some good junk.

After we made the rounds I rewarded my driver, he loves a good hibachi grill.  In fact, I think he'd drive me anywhere if there's hibachi grill involved.


So the next day we switched into a completely different mode, starting at Anthro.  Their junk is in an entirely different realm.  I had to photograph this wire/silk/floral wispy contraption in the middle of the store.  I think I need to replicate it right now this very second and keep it forever in my house.

Yeah, everybody needs one of these.


Everything is so lovely at the Mall.  Its a completely different world than here on the farm.  I feel so out of place when I go there.  I mean, I had on zero makeup (which I remedied immediately with a quick trip into Sephora! I EVEN dry shampooed in there.)  and my cowgirl boots from the Tractor Store.  Everybody else had on these incredible tall fancy boots with way higher heels.    I boot watched the entire time.
This horse is channeling the horse at the Emerald City.


Ok so then I saw this.  The prettiest sight ever.  The little golden danglers looked like painted shells with holes drilled in them.  Mesmerizing.  Now I've got to make one of these too, for my ceiling.


Everything is exquisite at the Mall.

It went all around the store.  They have a lot of elves in the back room to create these displays.  They live back there year around.


This.  today.  I don't have to actually sew a teepee tent, I already have one, so this project will be easy.  I just need to 'pitch' the teepee and find some real cute boho rugs/blankets for underneath.  Add a cute sign and you're in.   Then, hopefully, a kid will come along and play in it.  I doubt the teens will touch this one with a ten-foot pole, although sometimes they surprise me.


Me, I've been carrying my plants and flowers inside every frosty night until Indian Summer hits (today, so they claim) and then hauling them back outside every morning.  But here at the Mall, the flowers never get frost apparently.

I'm in love with this little flower.  If I only knew my flowers I could plant some of my own next spring.

Yes, the frost doesn't affect things at the Mall.  Life is perfect there.


And this proves it!  Life at the Mall is glorious.

These strands of twinkley lights are a must-have on everybody's list.  Waaay better than ordinary lights.


Need.


Time to go, as I am DIY-ing one of these today.  Coolest. Trunk.  Ever.  Too bad it wouldn't fit in the car, the thing was humongous.

No comments:

Post a Comment