Thursday, October 22, 2015

Warm-Up Paintings To The Rescue.

I had to tidy up the studio last weekend for the festival.  This meant stopping mid-painting on several pieces and I'm finding it tricky to go back in.  So, in order to combat this problem I'm working on "warm-up paintings", little watercolours or mixed media pieces, silly little works that don't mean anything.


The freer I let myself be with these, the more I like them.


This one for example, I couldn't stand it.  Until...I added florescent orange glitter.  I now know that my daughter is correct, glitter does indeed make everything better.


I had some anti-glitter notion going on in my head for whatever reason and today I released it.  Now, glitter on everything, all of it.  (Say this to the 'tune' of "Off With Their Heads"! like the queen would say).


Easy breezy watercolours, all in the name of warming up:









Then I started adding the glitter to these bookcover "cards" that were sitting stagnate for waaay too long.  I couldn't seem to bring 'em home, that is until the glitter came along.


That gold blob area on the right is from my new Wink Of Stella brush pen.  It took a bit of getting used to.  I got it now, duh.  Its actually very subtle, unless you do that.

More glitter.  Its stuck on a line of Elmers.  Tomorrow, once its dry, I'll brush it off and have a beautiful thin outline......?  I'll let you know how this all turns out.





I had several spills.  I spilled the black glitter twice, right in a row.  gheeezz.



Ok are these the brightest yellow Mums ever or what?

I like the pattern on this guy:



And last but not least, our Art Love class carved Jack 'O Lanterns last night.  Each one, perfect.  And best of all, no blood was shed... and there were 11 children and more than several of them were very very very young.  They worked extremely hard and did such a good job.  I am really proud of those kids and how they rallied like troopers at the end of the class in order to finish.  They all helped each other and then everybody helped clean up the Art Room which had pumpkin guts everywhere.  There was not one person in that room without pumpkin in their hair-which is exactly as it should be in the month of October.

No comments:

Post a Comment