Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Dispatch From Lodi: Assignment Yellow Chair.

I finished this piece months ago and its been sitting in the studio.  Its kind of lost.  I got it out today and put a finish on it and then photographed it.  It was so nice to see it.  I feel its time is coming soon.
"Assignment:  Yellow Chair"  Mixed Media by tereSager

detail
Then since I was already doing it, I put a finishing coat of gel medium on this small bookcover painting.


I started playing with a half-forgotten piece on watercolour paper from "the pile".  Once I got going I started liking things.  This is a detail area of the piece, and its hard to tell that its a pony's face.

He has his long nose down in the flowers/grass.


Yes you read that correct.


It must have been my mood, even the plastic tablecloth looked pretty to me today.


Was this gigantic SuperMoon shining across the road making me see things in a different light?


It started raining again and walking in the house the aroma of U.S. Senate Bean Soup hit me right away.  The house was cozy and that soup tasted good.


I wish I could tell you some wonderful "secret" to making this soup taste wonderful, but honestly its different every single time I make it.  I do think one secret, not just to this soup but to all soups, is to saute' and slightly caramelize things in a cast iron skillet before adding them to the pot.  Especially if you're cooking it in a CrockPot.  And if that skillet has been used everyday for over a hundred years, even better.  But I just made that up.

Obviously its waay past my bedtime.  Goodnight party people.  I'm very late because Daylight-Savings-Time-ends-this-weekend training was supposed to be going on and I forgot to go to bed extra early.  xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment