Sunday, April 10, 2016

Lost In Lodi 2016

A map of the race.

If you take a minute to even think about it, this map is hilarious.  Is it really truly the map that these guys (and gals) follow when they're wholehog dirtbiking through the woods?  There's no way.  That map is crazy.  I am in love with that map so much so that we're getting married immediately.
 I want to paint a watercolour version of it.  I want to write an "Ode to the map" poem.   I want to be the one out in the woods when somebody gets lost and has to ask for directions.
Our little teenie tiny town was so much fun yesterday with all the people and all the noise and all the motorcycles and the RV's and the fourwheelers and the muddy riders.  It's all happening, right here.

These riders were rarin' to go this morning.  I wish you could hear how loud it was.

It was loud enough you couldn't hear yourself think.

Wild Bill was right in the middle of it all.  Isn't there a Wild Bill in every community?  I'm sure there is, but our Wild Bill is very very very special.



Ok so can I just talk about these tulips for a minute?  This morning they were drooping over and not looking so great.  The late-season Polar Vortex air dropped in overnight.  I thought they were gonners.

Well they certainly look happy now.  An afternoon of sunshine perked them right back up.

Its as if they were celebrating making it through the cold cold night.

Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment