Friday, April 8, 2016

Painted Feathers and Studio Garb

Spray painted feathers.  Immediate gratification.
And this vintage head is the perfect place to store them.

I messed up the spray on this one so I went over it with watercolour and a liner brush.  I like it best now.



This little painting has so many layers.  The paint is super thick and its still unfinished.  I had to abandon it yesterday in the studio, it was just too drippy to mess with anymore.  I quickly snapped these pictures before I left.
Let's see how many more layers it will require before something happens that works.  How many layers of paint will a surface actually hold?



This is how it looked at one point, long gone now.


My Easter flowers are still rocking it.


I'm trying to make these gals rock it too.  This is a detail of one of the illustrations I'm working on.  I rather like the purse.

and another...



These backgrounds started to get out of control.  I've been painting with a ton of paint and a ton of water lately.  Tons.  Paint is absolutely everywhere since this craze began.  Its good.
It's sort of leaving me in a fashion quandary though.  For a long time I had to wear my "paint clothes" to feel painting freedom.  But that all changed one day one time while perusing the world wide web.  I saw some random post  that was somebody somewhere in a studio painting in some ridiculous outfit totally inappropriate for making art.  I loved it.  So now its like I can't get enough of it. Two days ago I wore a white lace maxi skirt to the studio.  Yesterday I wore my favorite gypsy blouse with tons of bangles.  The gypsy blouse survived but the bangles have a ton of paint spatters all over them.
I know people paint like this all the time, but I never could.  I had to have the freedom to get messy (which meant I looked like crap when I painted).  Well no more!  And this urge is getting stronger.  I really want to wear my daughter's layered prom skirt over to the studio.  I need to find wedding dresses over at the NewToYou and wear those, they'd be so perfect.  And I'll be so beautiful while painting, absolutely stunning...

No comments:

Post a Comment